Bandoske Butler Reuter, PLLC.
CALL NOW: (210) 299-4777


Texas Divorce

FAQ’s  210-299-4777

This page will answer some of the frequently asked questions regarding Divorce.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss these issues in more detail, please call Bandoske, Butler, Reuter, PLLC. for a free consultation.

When dealing with family issues, an experienced San Antonio Divorce Attorney can help you navigate the legal system during this time of difficult transition. Making the process as simple as possible, we are  available for consultation by calling at (210)299-4777.

Questions:  If I abandon my home, will I lose it in the divorce?

Answer: No. Leaving your home during separation from your spouse does not waive your interest in the property.

Question: Who is responsible for paying health insurance for the children?

Answer: Typically, the parent obligated to pay child support will be required to provide health insurance for the children as additional child support.

Question: My Ex’s Income Has Increased, Can I Have My Child Support Increased

Answer: Yes, you can file a motion to modify child support.  A motion to modify child support can be filed if there has been a significant change in the circumstances of the parties or if it has been three years or more since the last order.

Question: How long do I have to live in Texas to file for Divorce in Texas.  

Answer: Yes, can file file for dissolution of marriage in the state of Texas as long as you have lived here for 6 months or longer.

Question: How long do I have to be married to qualify for spousal support.

Answer: You have to be married for ten years or longer. There are exceptions to this rule, if you meet requirements regarding disability or family violence.

Question: Is Texas a 50/50 state when dividing marital assets.

Answer: Texas law requires that the court divide property in a manner that is “just and right”.